- January 2009
- At the end of January 2009, Hussein Chalayan’s first solo show in the UK – ‘From Fashion and Back’ – opens at The Design Museum, Shad Thames, London. The show runs until May 17th 2009.
- Block completes work on the final phase of a mixed use development in Portslade, Brighton, for digital artists Blast Theory. The 9000 sq ft warehouse building has been converted into a mix of Live/Work, residential and studio space over three floors.
- February 2009
- The second ‘Klinik’ hair salon opens in London’s east end.
- April 2009
- Block Architecture is appointed 3D designer for an upcoming exhibition at the Victoria & Albert Museum ‘Horace Walpole and Strawberry Hill’.
- June 2009
- Block’s submission for the Docklands barges competition for British Waterways is included in an exhibition of shortlisted entrants at The Building Centre in London.